Club Cruz offers Beach Volleyball Teams for boys and girls ages 10-18!
Beach Volleyball Teams provide players the skills to succeed at beach volleyball from an experienced beach volleyball coaching staff. Summer training includes beach volleyball specific conditioning, various different beach drills and tons of fun to prepare them to compete in tournaments and take their game to the next level!
To compete at the beach teams level there will be tryouts as only 10 two-person teams will be supported. The age divisions for beach teams are:
- U12s (player’s birthdate must be after 9/1/2005)
- U14s (player’s birthdate must be after 9/1/2003)
- U16s (player’s birthdate must be after 9/1/2001)
- U18s (player’s birthdate must be after 9/1/1999)
***Date was moved from 4/15 to 4/28***
Date: Apr 28th – 10:00 am to 12:00 pm, Harbor Beach (the courts by the Crow’s Nest)
Tryouts are $10
The cost of the program: $1095
- Club Cruz Beach gear: t-shirt, tank top, beach volleyball bikini top, shorts and a hoodie sweatshirt
- Official CBVA (California Beach Volleyball Association) beach volleyball
- Beach drills and game-like situations instructed by experienced Club Cruz coaches
- Coaches with competitive beach experience
- Beach volleyball conditioning and speed/agility drills
- Instruction of all beach volleyball rules and regulations and strategy
- Summer Schedule – season will start on 6/12 (there may be some practices prior to this dependent on school schedules) and will end on 7/30.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays – Instruction and drills with a high emphasis on developing skills, strategy, and teamwork
- Wednesday is either Day Off or a Tournament Day
- Mondays will be conditioning to prepare for long tournament days and fine tuning of beach skills
Club organizations do not register players for tournaments. Parents are responsible for registering for tournaments and the tournament fees. The teams will be attending tournaments at: Main Beach, Pismo Beach and Monterey.
The tournaments at Main Beach and Pismo Beach are registered for through the CBVA site, cbva.com. There has been a change for the tournaments at Main Beach this year, registration will not open up until 4 weeks and 1 day prior to the event. However, registration for the tournament at Pismo Beach is now open.
Registration for the tournament in Monterey will be through the Monterey Bay Open website, click here for access to that site.
Players may choose to play in any tournament they chose, however, Club Cruz will have our coaches attending the below events to provide coaching to our players. Any lodging and other expenses related to tournaments are the responsibility of the players and their parents.
***IMPORTANT NOTE ON CBVA REGISTRATIONS***
Beach Volleyball has seen substantial growth in the last several years, and securing spots in tournaments has become more difficult. If your daughter is on a beach team register for the Pismo tournament as soon as possible and be prepared to register for the Main Beach tournaments as soon as they open as these are very popular tournaments. If you need to cancel attendance and don’t want to lose your deposit the tournaments at Main Beach require a 72 hour notice and Pismo Beach a 24 hour notice.
The tournament in Monterey is not put on by the CBVA and they have not announced their cancellation policy yet nor are they open for registration.
- Main Beach Juniors (12U, 14U) – June
- Main Beach Juniors (16U, 18U) – June
- Pismo Beach (12U, 14U, 16U, 18U) – July
- Main Beach Juniors (12U, 14U) – July
- Main Beach Juniors (16U, 18U) – July
- Monterey Beach Open (15U, 16U, 17/18U) – July
- Monterey Beach Open (12U, 13/14U) – July
***Due to the winter storms and the dredging as a result, we may have to relocate our courts to Seabright beach.***
Location for Club Teams: Harbor Beach in Santa Cruz